Friday, July 2, 2010

Landmark day!

So anyone that knows me knows that I need help whenever I go shopping. Whether it is just someone to help pick out styles or someone to give me that added boost of self confidence I always need that extra person. This is not every time however, if I start know the clerks at the story so that they recognise me when I go in I can get away with not needing a friend, but that is the only exception.

So earlier this week I got a new shirt, first time I'v ever bought something on the light tones that I actually enjoy. I have a bunch of T-Shirts that I own that are pastel or white but they tend not to be my favourite. On top of this it's a whole new look, the business lesbian look! I'm pretty damn happy with it.

However this came with a simple but at the same time complex problem. All I own are black bras, and while I wasn't sure after asking I have discovered that it is a faux pas (and I had to ask about how to spell that too >.<) to wear white shirts and black bras. So today I had a single task, to buy myself a new bra! One that wasn't as.. well.. dark as the previous ones.

So I traveled with my room-mates to the city today intending to get some foundation and more importantly a new bra. Unfortunetly after having lunch together and the group splitting and returning to work / moving on all that was left with me was two boys. And if there's anything I know about bra shopping it's boys can't do it (Unless they are pretty damn gay). So I had to do it myself as I was determined to get it.

I was nervous approaching the women's dressing room (my girl swears to me I am incredibly girly and it wouldn't be a problem but I'm still nervous), but I didn't get eyed at all. I managed to try it on and get the hell out of there happily! Hurrah for me!

This is great sign in my eyes, it means I am moving on with life and finally accepting myself for who I am! Life is steadily better everyday than it was before ^^

- Fae

No comments:

Post a Comment