Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thinking positive

So today an old acquaintance messaged me on Facebook asking for a shoulder to cry on, I couldn't actually manage to get out to her as I had a hundred page project plan to finish, two essays to write and a date to go on, but that didn't stop me from chatting to her. Things weren't going well for her (well duh, who would complain about life going really well) and she was feeling pretty bad. She was feeling pretty down, but just like I remember her she was very very negative about the situation. Now if your reading this and your the individual that talked to me today I mean no offense by the following post I just wanted to talk about thinking positive (as gay as that is =P).

Thinking positive is damn important in life, just as being nice to others is! Life may not be any better when you think positively (duh =P), but if you always think negatively life can never be happy. I know a couple of people who don't have too bad a life, but they don't ever love their life because even when it's good "It's only good because something bad is happening". Seriously people, being that negative can't be fun.

You see, you will always be miserable unless you can learn to think positive. Doesn't matter how good things are, you will always hate your current situation. So lets look at it on the opposite side. Say things absolutely suck and you are thinking positive, what's happening now? Life is not being particularly fun, but you think things will pick up soon so your not absolutely wrecked by the news. How is that not bad?

So how can thinking positively not work? I do not see a failure in logic here. Think negatively and life suck, think positively and life rules. How can you go wrong?

Finally, I'd like to talk about the one drawback I have to admit there is. I am widely optimistic on the humans around me. I'm often heard to spout things like "Surely people can't be that dumb!" and "Wow, I didn't know people could be that mean =(". This hasn't come back to bite me on the ass badly (bar maybe one, max two people I used to know). But on the whole I have to say it's worth it. Life is awesome this way.

So take your pick, either life sucks, or you think positively =)

- Fae

No comments:

Post a Comment