Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Dear internet

Dear Internet,

Originally things were going so well, you gave me gifts like research, communities and easy learning opportunities. Our relationship flourished and it wasn't long before I was completely in love with you. I spent all day reveling in your bad fanfic, your odd fetish pages and places that showed me these easily. Things were great.

But it wasn't long until the cracks begin to show. First it was the diseases you were giving me. I should have cottoned on when I first crashed, unable to return to my usual business for days, but I thought it was my fault and that I would learn. But it wasn't long before I contracted another from you, time and time again. Still, before I had a chance to feel I needed to separate myself from you you cleaned up your act and I fell back into your sway.

The next things I knew, you started trying to sell me things. At first I thought it was cute, that you were trying to better me, and I didn't mind your willingness to tell me that I could easily win a Nintendo 64 if I just guessed which cup the ball was under. I thought your fairground tactics were cute, if not a little cheap. But you persisted and things started to turn a lot more sour.

Then it got weird. You started leaving these advertisements around my place and then monitoring which ones I was interested. This is still going on today! Sure you claim it's to make sure I'm doing good things, but I don't really trust you as much anymore.

And what's this I hear from friends? You are trying to stop me from going to my usual hang outs? You claim it's for my own good? I'm not sure that this relationship is still the same thing it was when we started.

Internet, I'm sending you this letter because I'm not sure if you are going in the same direction as I am. I'm worried about your obsessiveness to know my business. I'm afraid your protectiveness may turn nasty and physical. Internet, I think you need to seek professional help.

Please, take some time to think about what's happening to your life before something we both regret happens.

Yours sincerely,
Fae

(ok that was weird, started as a comedy idea and turned into a rant. God damn internet filter : shakes fist : )

- Fae

No comments:

Post a Comment