Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Missing in action

I apologise for the incredibly long break in blogging. I'm going to use the excuse that it is my holidays and I have been avoiding all kind of responsibility and work. Basically the last two and a half weeks have been playing dwarf fortress, visiting Miss Sketchy (^^) and watching various TV programs. So I'm going to place the blame on a particular individual who has been distracting me (You know who you are).

So instead of a nice post about a topic in particular I am going to use this space to cover what has happened other than that in the last two+ weeks. Those bead art things I made a month or so back? I have a decent collection now sitting at almost 30 sprites, 20 of them made into hair clips and one turned into a brooch. My goal with these is to never let anyone see the same hair clip twice (bar certain exceptions like room-mates or someone I see way too often to be able to keep up). These will get saved up and next year when the anime convention comes through time I will be selling these and some simple badge art to the nerds of Brisbane. That should go well.

Work on the game project (Avalon:The Fallen) has not gone ahead as planned. Scratch that, no work has gone ahead as planned. I have been terrified of doing something completely outside my scope (game textures) and so I have been putting it off. However yesterday I did a good four hours work on them and tomorrow I intend to finish the work that I was meant to do over three weeks. : shrug : . I'm ahead anyway it's no problem.

My big project I was meant to do over the holiday? It didn't happen. Turns out when I no longer have a reason to go to uni or do uni work I just stop doing all things that may be considered responsible. I must watch this in the future or I will be absolutely screwed when I go freelance.

So that's a quick rap up on how the holidays has been. Hopefully I will get back in the swing of things as it's less than a week until I'm back at uni. That kick start should get me back to doing my actual work. We can only hope.

Hope everything is pleasant for you in internet land!

- Fae

(PS. A lot of lack of posting has been to do with not having a computer, but I have had it for over a week so that excuse can only be taken so far).

3 comments:

  1. I have no idea what you are talking about, I'm not distracting at all! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. No of course not! Your never in the least distracting!

    ReplyDelete