Thursday, September 16, 2010

My cat has emotions?

I found it way too hard today to think of a blog topic. I have been quite sick for the last few days, my brain feels like mush and my limbs are heavy. However I didn't want to go a whole week with only the weekly web roundups, so this is my attempt to get some content out. It doesn't help that there is only thing going through my mind at the moment =P But regardless, onwards into blogging!

I have been away for the last week on and off. In my defense I usually spend at least every second night at home, but my cat seems to have noticed. As most people realise, cats tend to not really care what goes on past a little warmth, getting a pat every so often and receiving regular food. I never thought that my cat was any different to this standard stereotype. However on returning home he has proved me wrong, irritatingly.

To those that don't know about my cat (and there must be at least a few) he is black, loud and recently become a pig. He was injured a month or so back, the vet claims it was a blow to the head whether from falling from a tree or getting kicked by a pedestrian. I was told that he probably wouldn't survive this, but he slowly improved until he returned to his cat like state. However the biggest change was he was now a pig. He used to eat a single meal for breakfast and dinner, now he tends to annoy the crap out of me unless I give him at least one and a half meals every time it's feeding time.

So I get home and instantly he standing on the desk next to me meowing loudly. I let him climb on my lap and pat him happily for an hour, but that's not enough. Over the rest of the day (we are talking the next 12 hours) he follows me around, meowing for attention and just generally being needy.

Now I know my cat and he is needy, and he is loud (as has been covered). But not like this. So this leads me to the conclusion that he misses me. Now like every cat lover I may just be fooling myself into believing that my cat actual has some kind of relationship towards me other than food provider (and this is definitely helped by the fact that my cat drank my asprin water before I could use it last night), but I have a feeling he may actually like me ^^.

*Phew* Well that was a bit of effort, but hopefully if I can pull myself back into the blogging mood things will return to their natural state. Hope everything is going well for all you out in internet land!

- Fae

PS. Did I really just post a blog about my cat? Oh well, on my way to my dream of being a crazy cat lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment