Thursday, August 19, 2010

Smoking -.-

So as many may know I gave up smoking about.. hrmm... seven months ago? It was moderately painful, I had been smoking for about... ten years? Wow I never realised that I had been smoking for that long. Probably a good reason to quite if any. But back to the point. It's not as hard as I thought it would be. Really. If you need to give up smoking, or if you just want to give up smoking, go do it now.

No really, it wasn't hard as I thought it would be at all. What did I use to help myself get over it? Nothing at all, no patches, no gum, no drugs, no replacement. I just stopped, and I encourage you to do it to if you want to give up! People are happier to see me, I get more done and I just generally feel healthier. I know, I know, lame lame lame. But wait, it gets lamer! You know what you need if you want to give up? You need to want to. Told you it got lamer.

Some people will never give up smoking, because in their heart of hearts they will never believe that they want to. Those that are told by friends, family, loved ones that they should always relapse because they don't want to actually stop smoking.

So why could I stop smoking? After all I had tried once before and managed to stop for a total for six months before relapsing. It was a simple answer, and probably one of the most common ones for a smoker to come across... health.

You see if you want to get gender re-assignment you must pass a series of stringent tests in order to go ahead and get it done. The hard part for most people is passing the mental tests, I have gone into this is past posts. But the problem I had was with smoking. The surgeon I want refused to do anything unless I gave up smoking, strangely enough I was told that about a month before I actually gave up.

So there you go, now some more lighthearted information!

Before I gave up I had one major problem, I lived with a super smoker. You know the kind, the ones that have a smoke more than once in a 22 minutes program. I decided that when he eventually moved out I would not have any temptation. Considering my three room mates I would left with after he moved out I thought this wouldn't be a problem (all non smokers). Flash forward to now. Out of those same three room mates two have pouches of tobacco sitting on their desks and the third just smokes the other two's.

-.- God damnit

(On another note, if you are one of my room mates and you are reading this no I am not having a go at you!)

- Fae

No comments:

Post a Comment