Sunday, August 8, 2010

Good crafternoon everyone!

So I spent this weekend entirely productive, it may be the second last weekend for my university semester but I could think of nothing but than CRAFTING! So these were my efforts this weekend, and also my first attempts at perler beads ^^

Baby Yoshi

Baby yoshi was fun simply because of the fact he is tiny and took little to no time create, these are the kind of projects I like. Taken from Super Mario World!

A wild Shaymin appears!

One of my favourite pokemon (other than togekiss, but I was afraid of running out of white). This character's design is based of the menu icon in Pokemon Heart Gold / Soul Silver.

A fawn

This design was made for Chi (my room mate). Her boyfriend wanted to make her a deer and so I pulled up a rough image and shrunk it. This proved to be ineffective, so I rebuilt the pixels and handed it to him, this is the result!

A wild Caterpie appears!

This was made by the same guy that put together the deer and this time I had no hand in the design. Never the less I thought it was worthy to put up =) This one is based of the sprites for Red / Blue.

Shy Guy: He only wants a friend

Poor shy guy, so lonely. He's by far my favourite Mario character so I had to make him. This design is based off the shy guys from Yoshi's Island.

Boo!

Isn't Boo awesome? That's what I thought and my friend (known as Sketchy to some!) thought so too! So I decided that I should make her one! Design found from a google image search of "Boo" + "pixel".

Kirby

Ahhh kirby, was there any better way to use up the colour pink? I think not. He's based off the nes sprite since past there he begins to get a lot of shading. Based off another's perler design.


A wild Mew appears!

Damn mew! Hanging from lights and taunting people! This was for my room mate Chi as she was upset I couldn't figure out how to make a small dragon ball that you could actually make out the star on! Based off a Nintendo sprite!


Hair accessories

These two are powerups from mario games. The P-Wing is from Mario 3 and the feather is from Super Mario World. These are both now glued to the back of plain barrettes and are perfect for wearing out on a night on the town ^^ Both these sprites are pulled from their respective games.


Heart Necklace

Final piece! I'm happy to say that this one is completely original. I know, crazy huh? I had a bucket full of purple left and I love both purple and hearts, so what was I to do!

And there you have it, my weekend in review. Hope you found it illuminating ^^ If you have any questions about the beads or quite frankly anything at all please leave a comment.

Hope your all going well in internet land!

- Fae

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever eaten a crayon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember exactly eating a crayon but I do remember the taste, so I think so.

    ReplyDelete