Friday, June 25, 2010

I'm so vain, I bet I thought this post was about me

People say I'm vain, and to be honest I can kind of tell why. I always have at least two mirrors with me, I take at least an hour to get ready for going out (more if I need to take a shower). I'm constantly fishing for compliments and I'm anyones when I get one. It's a running joke among those who I live with that my vanity is so all consuming it's basically all I am. So I thought today I would address this and maybe people would understand why I am the way that I am (unlikely) or at least it would give me something to write about (more likely).

By now I would hope it has been established that I am transgendered (if not you haven't been reading enough!). Now with that comes a fair number of insecurities and a great lack of knowledge about being female. Most females my age have had a good 25 years of practice, from the tiniest things such as posture and stance to obvious things like how to manage hair and do make-up. I have been doing my best to do catch up I swear, I don't know how many youtube videos I have watched in an attempt to learn all that I missed but I still don't know as much as I would like.

Still, while I don't have a good repertoire I do have the most basic hair style possible that I like and a very simple make-up set up that I used everyday. I wish I could plait my own hair but it doesn't stress me that I can't. When I try clothes on I know what I like and what suites my figure (even if I can't tell before I actually try it, making online shopping impossible). I'm definitely on my way!

But this does lead to excessive questions about how I look whenever I'm about to go out, and a lot of double and triple checking in the mirror. I know it may seem vain, but I feel that I have a little more to prove than the normal woman, and so I put time aside to deal with that. I don't really feel that am I that vain in the end =P

So what has this post actually done? Well I guess it's been something to talk about, there's a small (tiny) chance that room-mates will read this and understand, and I may have given away to one particular individual how easy I get when complimented =P Well I guess you can't win them all, or can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment