Monday, June 14, 2010

Aren't pets wonderful?


Hrmmm.. well for things to be successful I probably should think about defining a topic in my head before I start clattering away at the keyboard. So! Today's topic will be pets!

I have always had one pet or another at any given time. I mean I assume I had a pet when I was much much younger, the first memory I have of any pets are the cockatiels flying out the door and into a tree where they perched there laughing at me. Fast forward a couple of years and the next pet I remember was a cat named Cleo (eaten by crows at 3 weeks) then a family of mice (ate each other).

So fast forward an undefined number of years and my first beautiful cat appears. His name was oliver, a purebred blue Siamese with the most beautiful attitude towards people. He was the main reason I still love cats, he was wonderfully friendly towards people and loved just lying there and get some attention. He lived happily till eventually he died of old age (we assume, cats just tend to wander off and find somewhere quiet to die). Ollie was followed by BP who was a skittish little tabby who wasn't friendly at all (until she turned senile more than ten years later).

My first dog I ever got was wonderful, she was happy (read stupid), friendly (read stupidly trusting) and.. well.. stupid.

Roxy, stupid but friendly


She lived a long and happy life until she went the way all dalmatians go. She had a great run.

She was wonderful, but a couple of years later I managed to get a wonderfully loyal little mongrel named Jasper.

Jasper, so very loyal


He was so fond of the people he lived with (to a fault sometimes) and was dangerous at Christmas lunches (all these odd people invading his house carrying food). Still, the loyalty he showed was something I have never experienced again.

Hrmm.. I'v written more than I intended to and I am no where near where I meant to be in the history of pets, so I guess until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment