Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Searching for work (long time no blog!)

So it's been a while since I posted, I know. I'm entirely to blame for that. Looking back I have not blogged since I started the internship. Since then I still work there occasionally but it's surprising to note how long ago that post was. Anyway, this is a good as time as any for a life update!

So after last I left off I graduated from university! Surprising I know, considering that failed / dropped out of one (1) IT degree, one (1) IT / Multimedia degree and two (2) multimedia degrees. I really thought that education and me just didn't get on till this multimedia degree at QANTM. Even more surprising was my track record at QANTM, go me!

The last day of university came and went and shortly after the graduation show came around. This was a chance for the students to show off what they had done over the last few years (or year if you were a diploma student) to potential employers! Although this course was pretty decently expensive I managed to convince my parents to cover my costs because of the track record of the uni. You see, when I started at QANTM they told me that at the last graduation show there was a whopping 95% employment rate from the graduation show. So we all thought it was a win win situation.

So during my graduation night not only did I manage to get one of the largest spaces in the entire bloody area, but I also had in my opinion the best display out the of the year level. Turns out it wasn't just in my opinion, but the opinion of the staff there when I was awarded "BEST IN SHOW" (I always knew I would do well as a show dog). So I returned home happy and triumphant, waiting for the job offer I knew I would get.

So it turns out in this case I was wrong...

So today I spent another day searching for work, another fifteen application for web design, database design and PHP developing jobs sent away. To my count I am now sitting at 60 odd applications sent away and I have had three email responses saying "Sorry but you didn't get the job's and one phone call telling me I could have the job if I turned up the next day (a day which I could not make no matter what).

So! That is basically life up to date (that was fast >.<), and you know what? With this lack of employment I could probably get back to blogging again (yay?)

- Fae

No comments:

Post a Comment